Sora Tenshi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Shortcuts
General Section
-Announcement
-Introduction
-Help Section

Spam Section
-Spam Room
-Serious Discussion
-Clubs Section

Anime/Manga Section
-Anime
-Manga

Download Section
-Anime
-Manga
-OST

Scanlation Section
-Current Project
-Completed Project
-Dropped Project
Latest topics
» Alive or Dead
by Hikari Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:02 pm

» Lyner barsett (not ecchi^^)
by smallfish Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 am

» Current game you are playing
by smallfish Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am

» Come Play GP Latale!
by chase292 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 am

» Marginal Skip Vocal Album
by takeuchi-san Sat May 29, 2010 4:52 am

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
by Zero2DS Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 am

» New film trailers
by Baka ranger Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 pm

» AK-47 or M4 carbine
by iamlink Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm

» Space marine 40k
by Zero2DS Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Poll

do you like the side panel

AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba1063%AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba10 63% [ 10 ]
AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba1013%AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba10 13% [ 2 ]
AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba1025%AK-47 or M4 carbine Pollba10 25% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 106 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 am

AK-47 or M4 carbine

+6
Keita-Kun
StarKiller
Zero2DS
naridas
tuldok89
deblif
10 posters

Go down

AK-47 or M4 carbine Empty AK-47 or M4 carbine

Post by deblif Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:39 pm

a brief description about the two

AK-47
The AK-47 is a 7.62mm assault rifle developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov in two versions: the fixed stock AK-47 and the AKS-47 (S—Skladnoy priklad) variant equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock.

Design work on the AK began in 1944. In 1946 the rifle was presented for official military trials, and a year later the fixed stock version was introduced into service with select units of the Red Army (the folding stock model was developed later). The AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces in 1949. It was also used by the majority of the member states of the former Warsaw Pact. The AK-47 was also used as a basis for the development of many other types of individual and crew-served firearms.

It was one of the first true assault rifles and, due to its durability, low production cost and ease of use, the AK-47 and its numerous variants remain the most widely used assault rifles in the world—so much so that more AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined.

M4 Carbine
The M4 Carbine is a family of firearms tracing its lineage back to earlier carbine versions of the M16, all based on the original AR-15 made by ArmaLite. It is a shorter and lighter version of the M16A2 assault rifle, achieving 80% parts commonality with the M16A2.[1] The M4 has selective fire options including semi-automatic and three-round burst (like the M16A2), while the M4A1 has a "full auto" option in place of the three-round burst

info came from wikipedia

for me I like the AK better It has more firepower but less accuracy but I like the firepower more than accuracy
deblif
deblif
Anime Moderators
Anime Moderators

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

AK-47 or M4 carbine Empty Re: AK-47 or M4 carbine

Post by tuldok89 Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 am

I prefer the M4 carbine, as it is derived from the M16 Assault Rifle. I've already tried firing an M16 rifle, and the recoil is very manageable. Compared to the AK47, which has a larger round and a larger cartridge, the M4 is much comfortable to fire in full auto mode.

And also, the 7.62mmR round which the AK47 uses tend to over penetrate the human body, which means that most of the energy that the round carries gets wasted. Also, in Counter-terrorism scenarios, having the round over penetrate is a big no-no.

Compare that to the 5.56mm NATO that the M4 Carbine uses. Upon hitting the human tissue, it will tumble and yaw, which in turn would result in the round breaking in the cannelure. This behavior of the round reduces the chances of over penetration and guarantees almost complete energy transfer to the tissue, hence more damage.
tuldok89
tuldok89
Baby Angel

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by naridas Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 am

it matters on the situation more i have to say
naridas
naridas
Angel Child

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero2DS Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:24 pm

I choose M4 carbine^^ it's upgradeable with grenade launcher or another war armament lol
Zero2DS
Zero2DS
Spam Moderators
Spam Moderators

Number of posts : 221

RPG Player
Level: 1
Health:
AK-47 or M4 carbine Left_bar_bleue50/50AK-47 or M4 carbine Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post by StarKiller Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 am

AK-47

a weapon with history and is just plain awesome. even today,
StarKiller
StarKiller
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Keita-Kun Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:51 pm

M4 were basically an improved M16 rifle with even more complicated mechanisms (which maybe a good or bad thing)

M4's are part of the AR family of rifles and i personally hate any AR-15 rifle series (this include the M4 as well) with the exception of a couple AR-15 rifles. The first Ar-15 rifle was the M16 designed in the 60s as a rifle for airbase uses, due to political reason (u buy my rifle you get my vote/ financial support for you campaign) the rifle was adapted into Military use, and was used by Military branches all over America [Marines, Us Navy Seals, Green Berets,etc]. The rifle was first put to the test in the Vietnamese civil war (1959-1975)
especially during 1963 when Lynden B. Johnson expanded the conflict over there.

Sodiers during the conflict (ARVN, Vietcong, US Army, etc) all complained about the rifle, and often stated the rifle to be very "impractical" as the rifle itself was Horrible in actual combat. The Rifle was notorious for its over complicated mechanism and contstant jamming in the heat of battle, as well as easily overheating, and a weak plastic stock that would often break went you try and stab someone with you bayonet. Vietcong would refuse to pick up american made M16 rifles during the vietnam war even tho they came in huge quantities.

The AK-47 However is perhaps known as the "greatest assault Rifle of All time" it was orignally Called Avtomat Kalikanikova obraztsa 1947 goda; "Kalishkanov's automatic Kalashnikov's automatic rifle model of year 1947" hence thats how it got its name.
The Rifle was a very simple design (some say it was just a Upgraded Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifle made in Nazi Germany introduced very late in the Second World War)

The AK-47 has been used in many conflicts all over the world. Its loved by Freedom fighters, Terrorists, and of course armies all over the world, for a simple Reason: Durability.
The Ak-47 is most notoriously seen in the Vietnam Conflict used by the vietcong & other combatants. American soldiers were also known to pick up this rifle for a variety of reasons, such as extreme durability (as one man once put it:" whether if its mud,weeds, or sand , or watever else is stuck in there, it'll still fire like a bitch") and also because during the middle of combat NATO rounds were not as commonly found as the 7.62x39mm found everywhere.
The rifle needed very little maitanance [some say none at all] due its oversimplified mechanism in the weapon.

The Rifle would be very popular with insurgents, terrorists, freedom fighters, and armies for the same reasons. The weapon can easily be modified into other rifles (mostly because most of the AK family of rifles share many of the same mechanism and can easily be converted to another kind of AK rifle E.g AK-47 -> AK-74)

@ ZeroDS : The AK-47 can also be added with a Variety of bayonets, Grenade Launchers, scopes and etc.

So i actually prefer the AK-47 if i had to choose these rifles during a life and death Situation, I dont care if you say The AR-15 rifles are lighter or more accurate, they are pretty much shit compared to the AK-47 for long term use (AR rifle mechanisms wear down and need to be changed eventually and are also easily damaged when cleaned if made by unexperianced individuals.) If you think about it the newer AK series are actually better as they use lighter materials to build them, with mechanism/gas chamber upgrades while still keeping most of the original Mechanisms. The Designed also spawned many different up-to-date Variants Including my personal Favourite Zastava M21 made in serbia.
Keita-Kun
Keita-Kun
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragoncrusher Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:20 pm

AK >_>
cause if M4, any dust in it, the gun is useless =.=

ak, cover it with sand, and it can still shoot O.O
Dragoncrusher
Dragoncrusher
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-01-21

https://soratenshi.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keita-Kun Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 pm

I love Russian Technology...their machinary is like their country , "The machinary they made run shitty, but they run the same until its dismantled 60 years later" we see this happen in WW2 history during Operation Barbarossa
Keita-Kun
Keita-Kun
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragoncrusher Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm

japan technology is better >_>

lol
Dragoncrusher
Dragoncrusher
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-01-21

https://soratenshi.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keita-Kun Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 pm

rofl try running japanese technology cheaply under a total war policy......too many repairs.....& that cost ALOT of cash....theres a reason why much soviet war machinary is used all over the world...hell...some countries are still using 1945 T-34s built by the soviets...it was a really shitty tank but was noted as teh Best tank in the world...esp in WW2
Keita-Kun
Keita-Kun
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by ignis Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:30 am

lol m4 is better imo. the difference of firepower isnt that great but it has quite significant improved rate of fire
ignis
ignis
Angel Child

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-04-27

RPG Player
Health:
AK-47 or M4 carbine Left_bar_bleue50/50AK-47 or M4 carbine Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

http://incendia.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Keita-Kun Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am

its good for short term urban combat, otehr than that, long term it would be a horrible rifle.
Keita-Kun
Keita-Kun
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by ignis Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:12 am

yeah, since it's an assault rifle class, for long-range combats it wont be much used but something like a rocket launcher or anti-tank rifle...

and it wont do any good facing a tank's shell
ignis
ignis
Angel Child

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2009-04-27

RPG Player
Health:

http://incendia.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Goatmanic Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 am

AK-47, no question about it.

Durability, availibility, low price, it's the perfect weapon for any starting army on the run from the government =D

nice sales pitch eh? XD
Goatmanic
Goatmanic
Angel Child

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keita-Kun Sat May 16, 2009 1:22 pm

if it about a durable & relatively good accuracy rifle that about the same age as two rifles i suggest Heckler & Koch G3 & its younger brother G41 rifles esp the G41 rifle that rifle is the best of the rifles that came out during its time exceeding almost every NATO standard in the 80s, too bad it was expensive thus it never sold well...its design was later used to design the G36 rifle used currently by the german Bundeswehr
Keita-Kun
Keita-Kun
Download Moderators
Download Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by iamlink Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm

I registered for this thread alone.

The ak47 and m16 series rifles were designed for two very different purposes by completely different countries.

the m16 series rifles to include the hk416 variant and the others that exist but currently escape me were designed to be shot on single fire with time taken for aim and training provided for accurate placement. An m16 will put three rounds through the same hole at 25 yards and is accurate enough that you can put a round through the middle of a 5.56 casing standing upright at 25 yards. its designed for a max range point target of 300yds and an area target of 500yds but you can still pick someone off at 500 yds. The m16 is a defensive style weapon designed to be used as a single point/target effect weapon and this is reinforce by the fact that the safety select lever has single fire first and burst/automatic fire last. further more it is designed with the 5.56 round because, as was stated earlier, the 5.56 distributes more energy to the target on impact. It also bounces of bone. 5.56 rounds are not designed to kill immediately. they are designed to maim and incapacitate so that the injured has to be either taken care of by its own or captured for questioning and interrogation.

The ak47 is a weapon designed to be put in the hands of the masses. the accuracy range and recoil do not matter because the person most likely to be wielding it will not have the training necessary to use the weapon effectively at range. Add in the fact that most users of the ak47 do not properly zero the rifle they are shooting just makes any attempts the make at shooting at ranged targets laughable. The fact that the ak47 is not designed to be used as a long ranged weapon primarily is, like the m16, evident in the placement of its fire select switch, which is ordered as safe, auto, single fire.

As to the attachments available to the weapons. grenadier attachments are available to both but the m16 family has the greater diversity since many a geardo private and wanna be redneck wants to have the most nifty looking add on for their "girl"

As to which i would choose: it would be neither. The m16 is an ok weapon but a pain in the kisser to keep clean. as someone who has ACTUALLY had to use one i can tell you that if you take care of it it will take care of you. the biggest problems are user error and bad magazines. the ak47 is heavy and the ammo is heavy. If i have to carry around something heavy give me an M249 saw. point target of 500m and area target of 1000, fully automatic, belt fed and extremely accurate. A little more effort in cleaning is required but well worth it if its an urban environment. if your not seeing combat then a 9mm is preferred. lighter and easy to clean.

Thats my two cents on the topic. Just thought id chime in.
-.-NF2/1-.-
~Link
iamlink
iamlink
Baby Angel

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down